one we made awhile ago for Sofie.
Last weekend I made a matching bed skirt. To minimise seams, I bought enough length to cut each side in one piece and a smaller piece for the end. So one 2.2 metre length I cut 2 x 40cm x 220cm and 1 x 40 x 160cm. The fabric was cut lengthwise rather than crosswise - railroaded. I cut the depth deep enough so that it came up over the base to ensure no peeking of the base fabric. After sewing the end to the sides I pinned the corner to shape before sewing the mitre in place.
I used some old unused upholstery fabric for the top end and also for the base cover to attach the skirt. Pins worked ok but I found when I took it to the machine it didn't sit in place properly and I had to take it back to the bed. More pins would work better but as I didn't have any more I used some hemming web and stuck parts of it together before sewing. I simply sewing the skirt onto the base fabric.
I also made the the blue and cream floral quilt cover and matching Euro pillowcases. Not sure if they are December 2012 or Jan 2013. Either way, very recent. I think the look is very boutique and Prinny certainly approves!