Sunday, January 6, 2013

Doona cover for Sofie.

Way back in September 2011 Sofie and I made a bedhead for her bed.  This was to be the first part of the decoration to be soon followed by a doona cover and other soft furnishings.  I can now say more than a year later the task has been completed!  Where does time go?

We made the cover out of vintage sheets I had inherited when my mother in law died back in 2000.  We used an embroidered double sheet on one side and other the other side we joined single sheets with a strip of headboard fabric at the join.

Back when we purchased the fabric (quilting cottons) we purchase coordinating pinks and greens.  Sofie is now a bit less keen on the pink and green so we concentrated on the green with white.  We used a coordinating green and white piece for a runner on her dressers.
I feel better now!

1 comment:

  1. The colour scheme is so fresh and pretty and looks perfectly suitable to a young lady :)
    All the best for a very happy New Year, and thank you for the lovely words on my blog

    ReplyDelete